Six Ukrainian universities have entered the top 1000 best universities in the world under the version of The QS World University Rankings. The ranking was headed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford and Harvard.
The following Ukrainian universities entered the ranking:
- Kharkiv National University named after VN Karazin;
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv;
- National Technical University "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute named after Igor Sikorsky";
- National Technical University "Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute";
- National University "Lviv Polytechnic";
- Sumy State University.
The ranking takes into account the following criteria: academic level, reputation among employers, ratio of teachers to students, citation rates in Scopus, number of international faculties and university entrants. It is for the ranking of universities that carry out the largest survey of employers in the world - more than 40 thousand participants. This determines the institutions that provide the labor market with the most competent, innovative and effective graduates.
Ukrainian universities got their points for the quality of teaching and research, as well as for the graduates' career prospects.