Such a study option is provided by all Ukrainian educational institutions:
- for foreign students especially for citizens of CIS who speak Russian. To be enrolled to the first year, they are to undergo interview upon arrival to determine their Russian or Ukrainian language proficiency;
- for foreign students who finished preparatory department and obtained a Certificate of its completion which gives the right to enter any Ukrainian university.
Preparatory Department (Language Proficiency)
Almost all universities, which train foreigners, have preparatory departments for studying Russian or Ukrainian. As a rule, preliminary course lasts 6-10 months. During this period a student masters both ordinary language and professional terminology, deepens knowledge in prospective speciality. Preliminary Course Certificate gives a foreign student the right to continue education by chosen specialty in any Ukrainian university. Such a preparatory study courses lays the foundation for future successful study and helps the prospective student adapt to the socio-cultural environment.
Advantages Of Studying At The Preparatory Department:
- A preparatory study courses lays the foundation for future successful study;
- Preliminary course includes 6 – 10 months of studying;
- Number of students in academic group is from 8 to 12 people which guarantee individual approach and effective results in language learning;
- Experienced and highly qualified teachers; usage of traditional methodics and modern technologies of language learning;
- Acquaintance with Ukrainian traditions and adaption to the new lifestyle;
- Mastering of Ukrainian/Russian to study the core subjects;
- Preparatory Course Certificate allowing the prospective student to apply for admission to any educational institute in Ukraine.
NOTE! By the Law of Ukraine arrival for preliminary course studying and the following studying by main speciality is allowed ALL YEAR ROUND.